Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bowman's Beach

I headed out to Bowman's Beach for another gorgeous sunset on Sanibel. Ending the day at the beach is one of the best perks of living here.


I am always amazed at how much time can elapse between my visits to the beach. So many people think that living here is tantamount to living at the beach, but that is not necessarily true. When you make your permanent home here, there are chores and errands and jobs that demand attention. Unless I make a concerted effort, I can go weeks without trekking to the beach. One year, I even made a New Year's resolution to visit the beach a minimum of five times a week. That plan lasted for about a week.

My beach trips have increased lately, and for that I am glad. The beach changes every day, and if I am not there to witness the changes, I feel like I have missed out on something of great significance.


No comments:

Post a Comment